9am-5pm: Mon - Fri

Office closed to the public. Please call 815-756-7768 for assistance.

1005 Regent Drive #1

DeKalb, IL 60115

Call Today!


Price Range: From to

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/pittsleyrealty.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/houzez/template-parts/advanced-search/search-features.php on line 22

Below are some of our most asked questions!

Where is Your Office Located?

Our office is conveniently located at 1005 Regent Drive Suite 1, DeKalb, IL 60115.

What Do I Need To Do Before I Can Move In?

The move-in process starts with your free application! Applications are available in the office or online by clicking here. Once you are approved, we will call you to set up a lease signing appointment.

Do you have a specific time of the year you would like to move in? No problem! We have leases available at any time of the year. At signing, we require that our tenants put down a security deposit equal to one month’s rent. Additionally, you must pre-pay two month’s rent before you move in. Keys will be made available on 12 p.m. for weekday move ins and 10 a.m. for weekend move-ins.

What Is Your Pet Policy?

Pittsley Realty offers a wide variety of pet-friendly units. To register your pet, pick up a Pet Registration Form from our office or download one from our “Documents” tab. All pets must be one year old or older, have current vaccinations, be spayed or neutered, and weigh fewer than 25 pounds. Fees for registering you pet include a $50 application fee, a non-refundable $200 Pet Deposit, and $50/month extra added to your rent. Please note, we do not allow our tenants to have two dogs in their unit. You can, however, have one cat, one dog, two cats, or a cat and dog. Caged animals, such as fish or lizards, do not need to be registered in the office.

Do I Need A Parking Permit?

All tenants who own a vehicle are required to purchase a $20 parking permit. We do offer guest parking passes at the office at $5 for 3 days. These passes are limited and rented on a first-come-first-served basis. Please call the office for current availability.

How Do I Set Up Utilities?

Utilities will be up and running when you move into your new unit. To avoid shutoffs, however, you must contact utility providers and put their service in your name.

City of DeKalb or City of Sycamore handles water and sewer for most our units. Those that do not receive a water bill through the city will pay a monthly flat rate for water.

ComEd provides electric service for our units. You will need to contact them to establish new service or report any problems with your electricity. (1-800-334-7661)

Nicor provides natural gas service for our units. If your home or apartment uses gas furnaces or heat, you will need to establish an account with Nicor. (1-888-642-6748)

Comcast provides television and high-speed internet services for the DeKalb/Sycamore area. To start service at your new unit, visit them at 1430 Sycamore Rd, DeKalb or call (800)934-6489.

What Forms Of Payments Do You Accept?

Rent and security deposit payments can be made with check, money order, and credit card. We do not accept cash payments. You are also able to make rent payments through your online portal hosted by Appfolio. To activate your portal, please call the office.

How To I Make A Maintenance Request?

Maintenance requests can be filed by visiting our office or calling us at (815)756-7768. For after-hours emergencies, do not hesitate to call our Emergency Phone at (815)739-3375. If we are unable to answer your call, please leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Having trouble deciding if your maintenance request is an emergency? The following items constitute an emergency and should be called in immediately:

No Heat In The Winter
Broken Or Frozen Water Pipes
Gas Leaks Or Gas Smell When Stove Isn’t In Use
Significant Leaks Coming From The Ceiling

How Much Is A Replacement Key?

Replacement keys are available at our main office located at 1005 Regent Drive Suite 1.

Replacement Keys: $15
Lockouts During Business Hours: $25
Lockouts After Business Hours: $50

How Do I Sublease My Unit?

To sublease your unit, you will need the following items:

1. An approved application for the individual taking your place on the lease.

2. Written letter stating that you are moving out and the new tenant that is moving in. This letter also must state what will happen with the security deposit and any prepaid rent.

3. Written approval of changes from remaining tenants. This letter must be signed and dated.

4. $200 Subletting Fee

Have questions about the subletting process? Feel free to contact us at (815)756-7768.

When Will I Get My Security Deposit Back?

Your security deposit will be returned to the forwarding address you provide 30 Days after your lease is scheduled to end.